Pages

Monday 18 July 2016

Day 7 - Activity 1

Sunday 17 July
Day 7 - Activity 1

Activity 1 -  At the first ever Paralympic Games in Rome, the athletes competed in eight sports. Cycling was one of them. For the cycling event, two people compete together as a team – one of the people has a disability and the other does not. Here is a picture of a para-cycling team from New Zealand:
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Paraclycing team (NZ).jpg
At the moment the most famous para-cycling team in New Zealand is comprised of two female athletes – Emma Foy and Laura Thompson. Emma is blind but Laura is not. Together they work as an amazing team. Imagine that you were asked to compete in a tandem cycling event and you had to choose one person to compete with. Who would it be? On your blog, tell us who you would compete with and why. If it was me, I would choose my son, Aronui because he’s pretty fast and very funny. He would make me laugh as we biked along and would be very supportive and encouraging! I know that I could trust him to be a good teammate. Who would you choose?

I would choose my Best Friend, Saveu.  I would pick her because we work together as a team. I know that I can trust her to motivate me when I am feeling my lowest to keep going. Also Saveu is very energetic in which I know will keep us going to the finish line of the race. Which is why I think Saveu is the best person to be my partner.

1 comment:

  1. Saveu sounds like the perfect partner for your tandem cycling team, Caroline. You will want to work with someone who you can trust, who will motivate you and who will work hard to make your team the best that it can possibly be! It sounds like she is also very energetic which is crucial for an athletic event! You will need her energy and her spirit to keep you going.

    I have actually tried tandem cycling before and it is quite tricky! You really have to communicate clearly and work together or else you (literally) fall right over!

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.